directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A little bit of organization
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:24:58 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> Hey,
>
> Yeah I used to have it that way a few years ago as a matter of fact.
> However there was not much there then so I consolidated.
>
> Perhaps it's time to break things apart again.  However what's the
> motive for the package reorganization?

Well, I just started to write some more syntaxChecker (as we need some
of them for the metaSchema), and as we have something like 30 SC to
implement (as of RFC 4517), I just think they deserve a specific
package, because we will also have around 30 normalizers, and 30
comparators, so around 100 java files in the same package seems to me a
little bit too much.

However, I also think we must discuss that a little bit further, because
we might want to allow ADS administrators to add their own syntax
checkers, which will induce some different packaging.

Emmanuel