directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re:
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:20:24 GMT
Hello Pierre-Arnaud,

>     I tried to add the ELBE-plugins as-is into LDAP studio (LS) and it
>     works fine
>     with some exceptions:
>     - Standard menus and keybindings reused from Eclispe are not available
>

> True... We'll have to add all the standard "File" & "Edit" Menu in the
> LDAP Studio RCP App, as well as the associated key bindings.
> I'll fill a Jira for that.
>
>     - New created LDIF files can't be saved
>

> I think this is due to the previous issue... Once we have all the
> standard menus and key bindings it should be working. What do you think ?
Yes, you are right.

>     4.)
>     Both ELBE and ADS have a LDIF parser and model. The LDIF parser in
>     ADS is
>     good for import/export. But in ELBE I use the model also for the
>     LDIF editor
>     and therefor I need a more powerful model.
>

> I see. It could be great to provide a LDIF editor to LDAP Studio using
> the shared-ldap (which contains all LDIF related utilities).
> I'm also planning on adding a DSML editor to complete the set of editors.
> This way, we will be able to edit LDIF, DSML and Schema Files.
> We could also work on a visual editor for LDIF and DSML.
I will show if the shared-ldap LDIF utils could be used for the LDIF
editor. Does it makes sense to move the DSML parser to ldap-shared?

There are some issues with big files in eclipse (see
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=&content=big+large+files).
If we want to use the eclipse features (syntax coloring folding, content
assistence) this could be a real problem. The LDIF editor currently
rejects files bigger than 1MB.

>     6.)
>     Is there a plan to migrate the build environment to maven or would
>     we keep
>     ant?
>

> I already tried to migrate to maven a few weeks ago and I got some
> issues regarding the internal Eclipse computed dependencies (that are
> necessary to build and run tests on plugins but should not be exported
> in the plugin itself since those dependencies will be supplied by the
> Eclipse platform or the RCP app). Have you ever successfully build an
> Eclipse plugin using Maven ?
No, not yet.

Best regards,
Stefan