directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] [Schema] Review of meta schema
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:35:26 GMT
Hey Emmanuel,

A few notes on the meta schema.

Problems With Schema
--------------------

  o m-type-attribute-type is unknown to me.  I could not figure out what
you wanted to use it for.  I deleted it for now thinking we can redifine
it if need be.

  o You made all attributes have a USAGE of dSAOperation and they were
set to NO-USER-MODIFICATION.  Schema changes can still be made by users
so these are userApplication attributes and are modifiable.

Plugin Quirks
-------------

  o Unfortunately you must use lower case for strings 'objectclass' and
'attributetype'

  o Order of attributes are important as defined strictly by RFC: i.e.
SINGLE-VALUE must go after SYNTAX but before NO-USER-MODIFICATION.

General Rules

   o You must use OID values for SYNTAX even if you have to make up a
placeholder syntax for temporary use.

   o By convention first character in names is lowercased and camel
humps are used.

Here's the commit if you'd like to take a look and confirm correctness.

THanks,
Alex