directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tino Schwarze <t...@in-chemnitz.de>
Subject Implementing an alternative backend
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:35:03 GMT
Hi there,

I've got a pretty interesting project here: We would like to equip our
open-EIS knowledge management software with an embedded LDAP server.
I was pretty glad to find the Apache DS since everything seems to be in
place. My first goal is to allow user authentication against an existing
open-EIS user base which is stored in a DB.

Looking at the architecture I found that the best way would be to
implemnt a new backend and provide a DN<->category mapping (open-EIS
content is organized in categories) as well as a OID<->SQL mapping.

Do you have any hints or advice for me? Is this the right place to
start?

Bye,

Tino.

--