directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Maven Experiments
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 00:14:26 GMT
OK - I Ran some tests.

Here's the Summary (Test description is below for
those interested).

elements works.

Maven requires a version to be specified on
dependencies and will not
run if they are missing.

TEST DESCRIPTION

TLProject
I created a project named TLProject and added
a single JUnit Dependency to the
dependencyManagement section

I completely deleted the dependencies section.

L1Project
Then I added a child project to this Project:
L1Project.

This project has packaging pom and no dependencies
or dependencyManagement sections.

L2Project
Then I added a child project to this project.

I just removed the version and scope from the Junit
dependency.

Test1: I want to know if the default test will run
Result: I now run mvn test, and it runs fine.

Test2: I want to know if it will run if I delete
the dependency in the dependencyManagement of the
TLProject.  This would mean that Maven allows
dependencies without a scope and version.
Result: I run mvn test (In the L2Project root), and I
get a Failed to Validate POM exception.  That's good.
Maven didn't just assume that I wanted the latest
version in the repository.

So we know maven requires versions on dependencies.

Maven requires versions on dependencies and will not
run if they are missing.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited