directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Maven POM Structuring Automation
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:17:09 GMT
Emmanuel,

I may have to make your wildest dream come true.

Initially while coding the JPackage plugin
I was thinking in Single POM thoughts,
when I realized that I have to create a consolidated
model instance using all the parent POM's as well, so
that I have a completely exhaustive picture of the
project's POM elements.

So since I have to do this, I might as well code it so
that it analyzes the pom structure, and writes a
report on things that it thinks could be better.

For instance we might have the same artifact
dependency in both the parent and child pom, but with
different version numbers.

Or we may have repeated elements, which means extra
maintenance to keep things clean.

OK - I'm rolling up my sleeves and jotting down all
the rules I can think of.  Then I'll implement a
service to the mojo that creates the "Exhaustive Mojo"
and at the same time analyzes the structure and writes
a report with restructuring recommendations.

So I'm taking "Wish Requests" if anyone has burning
issues, besides the ones we have already thought of.

Cheers,
- Ole

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com