directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Maven POM Structuring Automation
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:56:22 GMT
Ole,

> So I'm taking "Wish Requests" if anyone has burning
> issues, besides the ones we have already thought of.

Scene One Mr.X nervously enters the room. It's his first encounter
with ... the Maven Anonymous Dependency (MAD) group...

X: Hi my name is X and I am dependent on Maven.

Maven Anonymous: Hello X.

X: My burning issue with Maven is this bug -
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1682

Maven Anonymous: That's a weird bug why does it effect us?

X: Because in big multi project maven builds (like ApacheDS) it does
some pretty nasty things like building your projects and then deploying
the artifacts in the repository with the wrong name! This presents a
problem when the multi project needs to build artifacts of mixed
packagings like jar, war, and bundle.
Some projects like apache Felix have been forced to use ant (gasp) to
weave their maven subprojects together.

Maven Anonymous: How can we help?

X: Please vote for this issue and/or strong arm the maven guys to fix
it....

In the mean time Ole, if you can also search for subprojects using
different packaging and flag them in your report that would help cool
down this problem.

I am sure Mr. X would appreciate it.

thanks
John