That sentence was a garbage I forgot to clean up.  Again, please ignore. ;)

Trustin

On 11/8/06, Alex Karasulu < aok123@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Trustin Lee wrote:
> On 11/7/06, *Alex Karasulu* < aok123@bellsouth.net
> <mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net>> wrote:
>
>     1). When adding an entry that was already marked entryDeleted true, why
>     does mitosis perform a modify operation on the entry instead?
>
>     Answer: I don't remember maybe I did it this way because of a lack of
>     knowledge.
>

> No, it was to avoid recursive deletion.
>
>     5). Looks like you have not finished implementing the move operation as
>     is indicated
>     here in OperationFactory line 188 in newMove():
>
>              if ( !deleteOldRn )
>              {
>                  throw new OperationNotSupportedException( "deleteOldRn must
>     be true." );
>              }
>
>     Is it that you did not implement this or that it was not possible
>     because of some issue?
>

> If deleteOldRn is false, the move operation is not a move operation but
> a copy operation.

Hmmm I don't know what this means.  Inside ADS the move operation is
used for when entries are literally moved from one container to another.

So if I have the following entries:

ou=base
ou=A,ou=base
ou=B,ou=base
ou=C,ou=base

A move operation would be needed to place ou=A,ou=base under
ou=C,ou=base to get the following entry:

ou=A,ou=C,ou=base

This is a move operation.  This is why the arguments are oldName,
newParentName, newRdn, and deleteOldRdn.  Now a rename operation does
not change the parent of the object just it's name, but this propagates
as move's to children.

This means a newly copied entries have to have
> different UUIDs.

Does moving an entry require a new UUID?

Hmmmm.  Basically renaming of entries is causing an issue and this
UnsupportedOperationException is being fired.  I cannot rename entries
as long as this is the way it is.

I'm trying to understand why you're pushing a modifyRn into a move
operation.  I need to understand your reasons before I can fix it.

Can you provide some more feedback on how to get rename working and what
should be the default behavior?

Thanks,
Alex

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* E167 E6AF E73A CBCE EE41  4A29 544D DE48 FE95 4E7E