1). When adding an entry that was already marked entryDeleted true, why
does mitosis perform a modify operation on the entry instead?

Answer: I don't remember maybe I did it this way because of a lack of
knowledge.

No, it was to avoid recursive deletion.

5). Looks like you have not finished implementing the move operation as
is indicated
here in OperationFactory line 188 in newMove():

         if ( !deleteOldRn )
         {
             throw new OperationNotSupportedException( "deleteOldRn must
be true." );
         }

Is it that you did not implement this or that it was not possible
because of some issue?

If deleteOldRn is false, the move operation is not a move operation but a copy operation.  This means a newly copied entries have to have different UUIDs.

8). Could you also elaborate more on the log and how it is used?

Answer: Yep

The answer was that logs are used to send the changes made in a replica.  The logs are selected and sent to the other replica when UV differences are detected.  We also calculate PV and UV from the logs.  It's implemented with Derby, an embedded RDBMS, so I used SELECT MAX(...) and MIN(...) to get UV and PV.  I think this is already described in the existing documentation.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* E167 E6AF E73A CBCE EE41  4A29 544D DE48 FE95 4E7E