directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Schema] New schema subsystem specification
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:04:36 GMT
I've signed up to cwiki as "nhope" to formalise some of my thoughts
etc as Ersin wisely suggested. Are there more steps required for me to
get write access to the relevant areas (the 1.1 dev area)?

>From Alex's previous posts is sounds like some of the points that
occur to me in the VD space are striking some chords, and I'm the
first to admit that this case is in many ways separate from the
primary "persistent schema" case (and that there are details of the
internals of the design for this case which I only follow in a
broad-brush sort of manner).

I'll spend some time collecting my thoughts regarding schema support
and considering some solutions to some meaty problems I have
previously glossed over in the interests of an immediate commercial
solution to date. I'll try to document the VD related content in this
thread in a more organised fashion (although I doubt it will be as
schmick as the documentation already on cwiki).

Whilst the two usecases are certainly sufficient for the VD stuff to
be considered a sub-project, the trick IMO is going to be in ensuring
that there is enough flexibility in the core to support the VD usecase
as well as the primary persistent schema / replication one (even if it
takes the form of discrete plug-ins etc).

Thanks everyone.