directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] [Oredev] I'm back
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:14:57 GMT
Congrats!

On (4) "dynamic schema updates" would be grateful if you could answer
a few of my "bigger picture" questions re DIRSEVER-760. I have a
working UberJarMain server on the schema branch but need your advice
on:
    1. what you think of my general implementation approach, so as not
to waste time if you see problems
    2. where to store conf/*.schema files in SVN and how to copy them
to where they're needed (for all release flavours) by Maven.

On 2.: I read up on Maven a bit on the weekend and did some google
trawling, but it seems that handling of non-.jar resources is quite an
open issue (the only reference I found
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200406.mbox/%3CFAEDKHIHLNJIDAPGKOKMEENGCEAA.michael.mattox@verideon.com%3E)
discussed copying the files using the ANT plugin).

As Emmanuel pointed out the integration tests are broken, but I
suspect that is because of the missing .schema files (or possibly even
a missing conf/ directory in which to put them).

Thanks,
Norval