directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apacheds with ssl
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:35:30 GMT
Hi !

On 11/29/06, Julius Davies <juliusdavies@gmail.com> wrote:

> [I think my original reply never made it to "dev@directory.apache.org"
> because my CUCBC email account isn't subscribed.]

It just was moderated, and I accepted it, so next time it may go directly to
the ML.

Hi, Martin,
> <snip/>

But I suspect the following might turn on LDAPS for you inside
> "conf/server.xml":
>

> Inside this section:
> =========================
> <bean id="configuration"
> class="
> org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfiguration
> ">
>

> Try adding these?

> <property
> <property

You can also read the following page which may help to make it work :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/How+to+enable+SSL

So, yes, definitively, you can use LDAPS instead of LDAP (and I don't think
that using LDAP to be the best solution, as password are *not* encrypted in
BindRequest (well, they can, but then you can act as a man in the middle,
which is a little bit more difficult with LDAPS ;) ...)