directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows LDAP Clients Hanging - DS 1.0
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:31:59 GMT
On 11/27/06, Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com <
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com> wrote:

>  Emmanuel
>
> 1.  The 1.5 class in the test case:
>

> C:\work\_SVN_PROJECTS\apache\directory\shared\0.9.5\ldap\src\test\java\org\apache\directory\shared\ldap\name\LdapDNTest.
> java:[43,25] cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class LdapName
> location: package ldap

Hmmmm. That's right. However, this is because you compile the server with a
1.4 JVM. The LdapName class is used in tests, and it won't impact the
server. Just use a Java 5 JVM, and it will be ok (so far, maven will
generate a 1.4 compatible binary code)

2.  I use JXplorer (build JXv3.1) and custom java code and do not experience
> problems searching the V1.0 or V1.0.1.

Plain normal.

3.  The reason I am using ldp.exe is that the WIndows team within my
> company, report that their existing search code now hangs with V1.0 (it
> did not with 1.0-RC3) and I just needed a way of using the wldap32.dll in
> isolation. ( To prove the problem ).

Well, I think that it was lucky that it worked with 1.0-RC3.  If needed,
there is a LdapProxy somwhere in the sandbox which can be used to dump some
traces :
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/trunk/proxy/

and then mavenize the project (sorry, this is a maven 1 project :(

4.  I have requested our Windows team provide me with a simple program which
> highlights the issue.  It is my intention to prove the problem does not
> exist with 1.0-RC3 and does now exists in 1.0.  I will obviously forward
> you the log output from both versions of DS and supply the Windows code for
> reference.

Waiting for some logs :)

5.  I'll also build LdapStudio while I'm waiting and just confirm it works
> fine... I'm sure it will  :-)

Well, I hope so :)

SimonT

--