directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows LDAP Clients Hanging - DS 1.0
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:15:09 GMT
On 11/27/06, Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com <
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com> wrote:

>  Emmanuel
> The client is a windows program called ldp v3 (it uses wldap32.dll).
>
> Its here: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/w2k3/utilities/ldp.htm
>
> You are correct, it is performing a search for rootDSE.
>
> On the subject of test cases.  I found that I could not build
> directory-shared becuase \shared\0.9.5\ldap\src\test has references to a
> Java 1.5 class :-(

Sh!t ! Which class ?

To clarify, the server is *not* hanging... the client is hanging, waiting
> for a response to the search.

Hmmm... I think that may be the client receive a response that doesn't make
the client happy. Requesting for rootDSE is something we know works. Could
you try LdapStudio ? It's a project which contains a Ldapbrowser (not
finished yet, but starting to work) :

svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/pamarcelot/ldapstudio

You will need to install ant 1.6.5 plus install the ivy-1.4.1.jar library in
ANT_HOME/lib to be able to build it.

To build LdapStudio : just type 'ant' (yeah :)

The result will be in target/Ldap Studio/Ldap Studio

You will be able to request rootDSE with this tool without any pb.

If I can help anymore, please ask.

I'm pretty sure that the client (ldp V3) is by no mean the best ever...
Except if you really have to send requests in batch mode. Just try the very
same request with LdapBrowser and JExplorer, and tell me if it's better.

Emmanuel