directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doxia
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:11:44 GMT
On 11/22/06, Ole Ersoy <ole_ersoy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yeah - Actually - That should be really easy to fix.
>
> We need a "quality controlled" Maven Repository that
> we ourselves populate and update.

ohhhh yes !

So if something gets updated on the Maven project,
> we're insulated from it.

like if Maven was a bad virus :)

Actually we don't care if something gets updated,
> unless we have a bug that we know about and that we
> need fixed.

We should care a *lot* : this is what configuration management is all about
! We want to guarantee that the version x.y.z that use the plugin version
A;B;C will still use this plugin version in 2 years.

Then we pull the update and place it in
> our repository.
>
> So we need to:
>
> Create the Repository

YESSSSS !

Host it (Alex? Da Haus?)

The best solution would be to  have a local file system based repo (but
maven does not support it). Otherwize, I have a server on which we can put
the repo, and das haus could be another one, and people.apache.org is
another solution

I guess I could host it as well as a backup....I'm
> doing a controlled repository anyways...
>
> Reconfigure our Maven instances.
>
> Probably create our own maven installation, so that
> future contributers get a Maven install that works
> specifically for ADS.

Not sure to get what yyou mean.

And provide an additional configuration tutorial in
> case they already have Maven...

"they" = who ?

--
Cordialement,