directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating and publishing the site
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:02:47 GMT
On 11/18/06, Stefan Zoerner <szoerner@apache.org> wrote:

> Ole Ersoy wrote:
> > Hey Stefan,
> >
> > Saw you were going to do some UMLing.
> >

> I plan to document the architecture on a high level of abstraction,
> starting with composite structure and deployment diagrams. Find attached
> the most simple decomposition of our server :-) Currently I use
> Enterprise Architect (Sparx), because we have it in our project.

Just be sure that the exported pictures are free of IP. Sometimes, there are
some watermark or hidden trademarks inside them. I personnly used Poseidon
UML community edition, out of which I extracted some pictures, in png
format, of course :)

Eventually, it could be interesting to ask legal@apache.org about using a
tool to draw UML schemas.

Emmanuel