directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] Integrating Quartz into ApacheDS
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:25:39 GMT
> Hi Trustin + others,
>
> Right now mitosis uses Quartz to manage triggering replication
> schedules.  We'll be adding much more replication related configuration
> information for scheduled replication cycles in the near future.
>
> Regardless quartz can be utilized by other parts of the system.  For
> example quartz can be used to trigger the execution of certain stored
> procedures.
>
> It would be nice to centralize the use of quartz so multiple services
> can use this service.
>
> I'm also thinking of adding some attribute types and objectClasses to
> create special entries in the server for scheduled jobs/tasks.
>
> Does this sound like it's something worth while?

We can have a special container which has subordinate scheduling
entries. (Servers of the Netscape family have such special funtional
containers.) As you said these entries can contain some special
attributes to specify scheduling time and tasks. This is somewhat like
UNIX cron registry. The missing thing is Jobs which can be implemented
as Stored Procedures (which are really code stored on DIT and can be
class-loaded easily).

--
Ersin