directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Schema] New schema subsystem specification
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:26:52 GMT
> Hi guys,
>
> I had a few conversations throughout the day with Emmanuel and Ersin
> about redesigning the ApacheDS schema subsystem.  This was over IM so I
> prepared a functional specification (although a poor one) about what it
> will take for us to build the premo schema subsystem for ApacheDS.
>
> This document takes information from all conversations and all of us and
> factors it into one consolidated redesign effort.
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Schema+Subsystem+Redesign

I have extended the document providing some quotes from standards and
some corrections. I did not modify existing content yet, I only added
new content in warning or info boxes. I also added a TODO list for the
document.

Let's document our new system better and show what an Architecture Guide is ;-)
BTW, we really have very good architecture documents in the former
confluence wiki
(http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Developer%27s+Guide), we
just need to move them to cwiki while reviewing them.

--
Ersin