directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netscape ACI attributes and ADS
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:24:33 GMT
On 11/21/06, George Stoianov <gstoyanoff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi George,

> I appologize in advance if this is not the right list, in my defense I
> saw that someone else posted something about a user-list which is what
> my questions really is.

No problem. Users and developers are still living happily here in the
same list. :-)

> I am trying to take some ldif files that contain the Netscape ACI
> parameters and import them in ADS I am getting some error mainly due
> to my organizational structure and the fact that I do not know how to
> create one that has a root same as the ldif file, but my question now
> is can ADS store aci parameters??

Access Control is one of the aspects that has not yet been
standardized in the LDAP world. Netscape has its own implementation
and ApacheDS has its very own one too. ApacheDS ACI model is based on
the powerful X.500 Access Control Administration Model. If you need
further help with ApacheDS ACIs we can provide further help but you
can do nothing with with Netscape ACIs within ApacheDS.

> Thank you.
> George

Cheers,

--