directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating and publishing the site
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:41:40 GMT
On 11/18/06, Stefan Zoerner <szoerner@apache.org> wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> > Stefan,
> >
> > I have moved your tutorial into cwiki.
>
> Thanks, Emmanuel. I have seen this, when I started my investigations
> this morning. There is a lot of work to do. Do we already have a
> technical solution on how to publish information from the wiki to the site?

First of all, we do not want to use maven for document and site
generation anymore.

And, using the wiki, we can at least do what MINA has done:

http://mina.apache.org/

Trustin has used the MINA confluence space and a Apache httpd
url-rewriting solution to deploy this site.

But it is perfectly possible to change the generated sites look using
a velocity template. Confluence spaces are exported via the AutoExport
plugin and it uses a velocity template per space to form the final
view. The default view, which MINA and other directory spaces have
now, uses the default velocity template. The velocity template is
based on the API provided by the plugin and Confluence runtime.

I have pasted the default template here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxPMGT/confluence-based-web-site-management.html

I would like to share more. I will try document this stuff at the
Confluence space.

--
Ersin