directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDS partition implementation based on Relational Model
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 09:49:53 GMT
Hi all,

I need some advice on implementing a partition for ADS based on the
relational model and using SQL or Hibernate or JPA, or framework like
them..

First of all, is this realistic? Can we reach a usable result?

How can we map Attributes to SQL model? Should we hold Attribute
Values in blobs?

Can we leverage the power of SQL SELECT for LDAP search operations?

How much of the partition code in ADS can be used for this task?

And please share any more ideas you have.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ersin