directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Using Mitosis In The Wild
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:42:22 GMT
I have taken the latest trunk of the mitosis sub-project and have configured a pair of replicating
directories (jBoss embedded).

From a few simple tests, replication is working correctly for our simple requirements.

I am very tempted to add mitosis replication as a option to our production servers however
I'm a little nervous as it's a relatively new sub-project to DS (although I see it's been
around a while at Safehaus).

Is it to be regarded as prototype/alfa code or is it pretty close to a stable release?

Also, I see that the old Safehaus documentation stated:

    "Add only one replica here because Mitosis supports only dual-master replication for now."

Is this still a restriction or has it been tested with multi-master replication?

SimonT