directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianmaria Clerici" <gcler...@bridgestream.com>
Subject RE: Can't connect to apache DS 1.0.0
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:28:01 GMT
Opps I found the problem.

I had an error in the log4j.properties file (WARN was misspelled to
WARM)

So the server was starting but would not accept connections. Weird.

RC4 didn't care about that.

Anyway, I am all good thanks.

________________________________

From: Gianmaria Clerici [mailto:gclerici@bridgestream.com]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:21 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Can't connect to apache DS 1.0.0

I got the latest code from SVN.

I built the release 1.0.0 without errors (using JDK 1.5), but when I
start the server, I can't connect to it.

I get an error 81 "Can't contact LDAP server" (with ldapbrowser) or
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 1 cancelled (with
JXplorer).

If I build 1.0 RC4 everything works just fine.

If I install the binary version of 1.0.0, it works.

Not sure what I did wrong.

Thanks for your help