directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <>
Subject Re: Open architecture identity and authorization efforts.
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:16:49 GMT

--On Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:32 AM -0500 Alex Karasulu
<> wrote:

> Unlike the MIT Kerberos + OpenLDAP solution which involves two separate
> moving parts, an ApacheDS solution would be integrated into a single
> process and embeddable.  These factors would allow the uptake of IDfusion
> into several application servers and products on the market in addition
> to a stand alone offering.

What MIT Kerberos + OpenLDAP solution?  One can currently use Heimdal
Kerberos with OpenLDAP as its backend data store, but that is still
something under development with MIT last I checked. ;)

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITS/Shared Application Services
Stanford University