directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject RE: Apacheds install
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:55:23 GMT
I guess I can roll up my sleeves for now.  If it gets too messy, I may
wash my hands of it :)

Can I use bootstrapper.jar to get things going (seems logical) and just
bypass the whole service init thing?  If not, point me down the road I
need to get going on things.

Thanks
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:40 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Apacheds install

Tony Thompson wrote:
> Can someone tell me what I can do to install Apache DS without using
> the installer?  I want to strip it down to a minimal directory
> structure and just run the .exe on Windoze for now.  When I try that
> on a machine where I haven't run the installer, prunsrv.c complains
> that it can't load a configuration.  Not sure if that means it can't
> find some registry entries or what.

Yep that's exactly what that means.

You could try running the main ApacheDS uber jar which you'll have to
build by yourself.  Do you wanna role up your sleeves?

If not then file a JIRA issue about wanting a simple tarball/zip for the
next upcoming release and we'll see what we can do to simplify things
for you.

Alex

may be monitored.