directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] Separating UUID generation
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:44:18 GMT
Hi Alex,

> [May have sent this before (email issues) - disregard if I did]
>
> Hi Trustin,
>
> WDYT about separating UUID generation from the replication service and
> adding it to the operational attribute service?
>
> This way the server will always manage a UUID for entries by default and
> we can think out the Mitosis code a little bit.

Sounds like a good idea in general, but we need to figure out we need
per-attribute versioning, too.  If so, we could move both to the operational
attribute service.

One more idea.  We could also integrate changelog storage into the
operational attribute service (or another default interceptor) so the
changelog can be used for other parties then Mitosis.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6