directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] IM Session with Trustin
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 05:19:39 GMT

> 1). When adding an entry that was already marked entryDeleted true, why
> does mitosis perform a modify operation on the entry instead?
>
> Answer: I don't remember maybe I did it this way because of a lack of
> knowledge.

No, it was to avoid recursive deletion.

5). Looks like you have not finished implementing the move operation as
> is indicated
> here in OperationFactory line 188 in newMove():
>
>          if ( !deleteOldRn )
>          {
>              throw new OperationNotSupportedException( "deleteOldRn must
> be true." );
>          }
>
> Is it that you did not implement this or that it was not possible
> because of some issue?

If deleteOldRn is false, the move operation is not a move operation but a
copy operation.  This means a newly copied entries have to have different
UUIDs.

8). Could you also elaborate more on the log and how it is used?

> Answer: Yep

The answer was that logs are used to send the changes made in a replica.
The logs are selected and sent to the other replica when UV differences are
detected.  We also calculate PV and UV from the logs.  It's implemented with
Derby, an embedded RDBMS, so I used SELECT MAX(...) and MIN(...) to get UV
and PV.  I think this is already described in the existing documentation.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6