directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [naming] - quick start help...
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:32:27 GMT
Hello again,

No one replied to my earlier post, but I found naming (eventually, in
the sandbox).
It seems to pass the first test for use in James, I can create, bind
and look-up stuff.

What is the status of the project though? Looks like it was put there
from lack of interest, how about I express interest, what would happen
then, is it likely to be released? I'm not averse to putting in some
spade work if necessary.

I assume that the plan for tomcat to use naming from this project
hasn't happened, does that mean James should just fork this (or tc's
naming) or is there still a will to have naming here, do you know what
the tomcat folks think?

d.