directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Avneet Singh" <foravn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groups in LDAP
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:50:50 GMT
Thanks ..It was a great article, some general questions though-

1. The article was written a while back, are there any additions/updations
to it somewhere on the Internet or does it still holds good.
2. Is there no Java API to do simple group search rather than a developer
going into the complexities of several different possibilities of groups?
3. Actually ours is a java app which uses authentication from customers ldap
server. Till now we did not have concept of groups but we need to support
that now. Since our customers can have any kind of pre-existing LDAP
schema(and thus any kind of groups), I need to be able to support all kind
of possibilities in groups. So I was trying to find some Java API which
hides the complexity of so many different possibles, how can I achieve that?

--
Regds
Avneet Singh