directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: apacheds with ssl
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:09:21 GMT
[I think my original reply never made it to "dev@directory.apache.org"
because my CUCBC email account isn't subscribed.]

Hi, Martin,

I've never actually used ApacheDS, or started it up.  I've just been
working on some generic SSL code for any server or client to use
(http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/), and I happened to borrow some
ASN.1 parsing code from apacheds.  I searched far and wide for ASN.1
parsing code licensed under ASF 2.0, and eventually I found these
guys!

But I suspect the following might turn on LDAPS for you inside
"conf/server.xml":

Inside this section:
=========================
<bean id="configuration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfiguration">

Try adding these?

"/path/to/file.jks" might need to be "file:///path/to/file.jks", I can't tell.

I'm cc-ing "dev@directory.apache.org" so they can fix any mistakes in
my email here.

yours,

Julius