directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Schema] New schema subsystem specification
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:29:16 GMT
Norval Hope wrote:
> I've signed up to cwiki as "nhope" to formalise some of my thoughts
> etc as Ersin wisely suggested. Are there more steps required for me to
> get write access to the relevant areas (the 1.1 dev area)?

You should be all set in terms of SVN but Ersin may need to update your
permissions in confluence.

>> From Alex's previous posts is sounds like some of the points that
> occur to me in the VD space are striking some chords, and I'm the
> first to admit that this case is in many ways separate from the
> primary "persistent schema" case (and that there are details of the
> internals of the design for this case which I only follow in a
> broad-brush sort of manner).
>
> I'll spend some time collecting my thoughts regarding schema support
> and considering some solutions to some meaty problems I have
> previously glossed over in the interests of an immediate commercial
> solution to date. I'll try to document the VD related content in this
> thread in a more organised fashion (although I doubt it will be as
> schmick as the documentation already on cwiki).
>
> Whilst the two usecases are certainly sufficient for the VD stuff to
> be considered a sub-project, the trick IMO is going to be in ensuring
> that there is enough flexibility in the core to support the VD usecase
> as well as the primary persistent schema / replication one (even if it
> takes the form of discrete plug-ins etc).

I was hoping you would be somewhat interested in implementing some of
those plugins here.

Yeah I guess we could take that approach regarding just adding more
flexibility to the server.  That's certainly an option.

Alex