directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [Documentation] OpenDS has some nice docs
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:22:50 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> Hiya,
>>
>> I think we can learn from their professional approach to documentation.
>>
>> Alex
>>
> I plan to finish a first complete version of the Basic User's Guide
> before Christmas. Christine and I currently work on it, and I think we
> will be able to do the job within that time line.

That's awesome news Stefan & Christine.

> But it would be nice to have some support with grammar, style and tone,
> as the both of us normally speak the language of Goethe. Anybody who
> masters Bronte style and volunteers for a review?

As everyone on this list knows my grammar and spelling is pretty bad but
I will take a few passes in reviewing your stuff for sure.  I might
learn a thing or two I've already forgotten about ApacheDS :).

What I would like to do is complete a few things right now to get Norval
and Emmanuel in gear with schema subsystem redesign.  That way they can
get to work on somethings.  Then I can research some replication issues
to get Mitosis working.

By that time I think it is right before Xmas.  Then I can review a good
chunk of the work you've put out there.  Is this ok?  I can start
reviewing now but my context switching from English mode to Java mode is
a bit expensive :).

> Even more important would be to lend Ersin a hand with the Advanced
> User's guide, which includes key features like partition/interceptor
> programming. It would be nice if Ersin would spare some time here to
> invest it in content publishing technology.

Yep! Hey perhaps Ersin it might be faster for you to transpose some of
the workshop presentation and examples to a tutorial in the advanced
section.

I'm specifically talking about this material here:

      https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/sandbox/workshop/

> Greetings from Frankfurt/Main (Hometown of Goethe),

Greetings from Sunny Jacksonville Florida

Alex