directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [OT] [Oredev] I'm back
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:57:29 GMT
Hi all,

I just came back from Malmo Sweden where I spoke at the Oredev
conference about ApacheDS.  I had two sessions there:

Workshop: Embedding ApacheDS
Session: Merits of Directories

Both sessions went really well.  I talked to many people.  Several folks
were interested in using ApacheDS for various things.  Many stressed the
need for the following capabilities:

(1) replication,
(2) the use of triggers and stored procedures for referential integrity,
(3) (ASL Licensed) VD capabilities,
(4) and dynamic schema updates

I also met and spoke with the Spring-LDAP folks over here:

   http://www.springframework.org/ldap

These guys were cool.  I think we might be seeing more of them.

Just wanted to let everyone know about these events and why I was MIA.

Cheers,
Alex