directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Apacheds install
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:40:05 GMT
Tony Thompson wrote:
> Can someone tell me what I can do to install Apache DS without using the
> installer?  I want to strip it down to a minimal directory structure and
> just run the .exe on Windoze for now.  When I try that on a machine
> where I haven't run the installer, prunsrv.c complains that it can't
> load a configuration.  Not sure if that means it can't find some
> registry entries or what.

Yep that's exactly what that means.

You could try running the main ApacheDS uber jar which you'll have to
build by yourself.  Do you wanna role up your sleeves?

If not then file a JIRA issue about wanting a simple tarball/zip for the
next upcoming release and we'll see what we can do to simplify things
for you.

Alex