directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Symbol ideas for the logo?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:31:10 GMT
Hi all,

a have question from a designer I asked some weeks ago, whether she is
interested to participate in ourlogo contest.

She asked for a symbol which would be suitable for the software. A
feather, although nice, is a little bit overused, she meant. Btw. she
basically has no idea, what an LDAP/directory server is.

One of my ideas was to use a woman/girl with an apple/snake to resemble
the old "Eve" name of the software, but this would be for insiders only
and the symbol would not have any conjunction with our software.

The designer has already presented me a proposal which uses a highly
simplified computer chip as a symbol. Despite the fact that our software
has not that much to do with chips, the logo works perfectly to
underline our embeddable aspect.

Does anybody have a good idea which symbol would best work for our
software, or which aspect (like embeddable) would be interesting to cite
with the logo?

Thanks in advance for you ideas,
     Stefan