directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Status of Apache Directory
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:11:07 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> ==========================
> Documentation and the Site
> ==========================
>
> We're in really sad shape here.  Almost everything is well out of date
> and we need to revamp the site to include all the documentation that we
> have in the ASF confluence which now has all the stuff which was at
> Safehaus.
>
> We need someone to take the lead here.  Ersin? Stefan?

Currently, I am still in the overwork state due to my job alteration in
summer. I think this will change in 2-3 weeks. Furthermore I will drop
my portlet activities after a conference event with Carsten Ziegeler
next week. This decision will hopefully add some extra time for ApacheDS.

I plan to spend the time in documentation efforts -- content creation in
the first place. But after my good experience with the certification
sub-project I volunteer to take the lead here, although Ersin has
probably more experience with this (I have none). Coordination in this
place will perhaps make it easier for our new committers to contribute.

But you have to be patient, the next 2-3 weeks I won't have that much time.

Greetings from Frankfurt,
      Stefan