directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Fetching Artifacts From the Repository
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:52:41 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Ole Ersoy a écrit :
>
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Just a background quicky.
>>
> <snip/>
>
>> rpm-apacheds-tools.sh
>>
>> located in the project server-installers under
>>
>> src/main/installers
>>
>> However installers is a non standard maven directory,
>> so the whole directory is missing in the repository.

THis is where the maven plugin looks for installer stuff.  It could be
elsewhere.

>> QUESTION
>> I wrote the process out in case there is a better one.
>> If you like the process, then should we move the files
>> in the installers directory to src/main/resources?

Hmmm why resources? The server-installers module is not intended to
build a jar that has resources in it.

> At this point, what I would say is : "it's up to you !" What we need
> first is a working rpm generation, but we should also be able to build
> installers for W$, Mac, etc.
>
> The most important thing is that all the configuration files are stored
> in a common location, easy to find, even if it's not maven-standard. But
> if it's maven-standard too, then it's more than OK.
>
> I'm sure that Alex have some clear ideas about installers, as he wrote
> them :)

Yep I've been talking to Ole on IM a bit.  Wish it was on list though so
we could have a better trail of this stuff.

Ole,

Please svn cp (branch) the code into your private area and demonstrate
what you're thinking.

Show us and let's figure out what to do next.  Right now do you have a
good understanding of what the maven installer plugin is trying to do?

Did you try using it?

We probably discussed taking these steps to get more familiar with it on
IM.  But just gimme an update.

Thanks,
Alex