directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Trying Again - Reply to David
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:25:47 GMT
OK - I'm going to give this another shot (This was in
response to David's message):

Yes - I think version management would be
cool...there's just one concern we have with that...

What if somebody changes a library or plugin without
changing the version, and it breaks our build...

I'm sure this is a low occurence thing...but ... (This
may not be a real concern unless Maven downloads by
something other than a updated version, like a time
stamp)

We also talked about having some sort of checksum
check for this...which would be really ideal...

I think it's desirable to do a quality check on any
update, before the update actually gets done
automatically...

So we update one machine...make sure the update is
cool...update our repository...and all our machines
get updated...

That way we don't get any "Suprises"

We definitely should be locking down our versions like
you are saying though.

Cheers,
- Ole

Want to start your own business?