directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Gorman" <>
Subject RE: Windows LDAP Clients Hanging - DS 1.0
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:26:29 GMT
How do I unsubscribe from this list? I've tried the usual way but it
hasn't worked.
Malcolm Gorman <>

Phone (03) 9669 4846    FAX (03) 9669 4128
700 Collins Street      GPO Box 1289
Docklands, VIC 3008     Melbourne, VIC 3001
Intranet: http://servb.ho/~mal <http://servb.ho/~mal>

	Sent: Tuesday, 28 November 2006 02:13
	To: Apache Directory Developers List
	Subject: Re: Windows LDAP Clients Hanging - DS 1.0
	1.  The 1.5 class in the test case:
	java:[43,25] cannot resolve symbol
	symbol  : class LdapName
	location: package ldap
	2.  I use JXplorer (build JXv3.1) and custom java code and do
not experience problems searching the V1.0 or V1.0.1.
	3.  The reason I am using ldp.exe is that the WIndows team
within my company, report that their existing search code now hangs with
V1.0 (it did not with 1.0-RC3) and I just needed a way of using the
wldap32.dll in isolation. ( To prove the problem ).
	4.  I have requested our Windows team provide me with a simple
program which highlights the issue.  It is my intention to prove the
problem does not exist with 1.0-RC3 and does now exists in 1.0.  I will
obviously forward you the log output from both versions of DS and supply
the Windows code for reference.
	5.  I'll also build LdapStudio while I'm waiting and just
confirm it works fine... I'm sure it will  :-)
	27 November 2006 14:16