directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Seshu Kumar" <seshu.ku...@onrelay.com>
Subject Re: problem with new schema and dump afterwards in APACHEDS
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:31:22 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

        Thanks for the info. Here I am just putting all the steps I followed and please correct
me, if any mistakes in the procedure – Thanks.

-          created the schema archetype as below,

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.directory.server \

                     -DarchetypeArtifactId=apacheds-schema-archetype \

                     -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 \

                     -DgroupId=org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap

                 -DartifactId=preference-schema

            - now replaced the car.schema with my own schema

            - removed test folder

            - changed car to preference in pom.xml

            - created the jar file, by giving the command mvn clean install package

-      now placed the jar file in, C:\apacheds-1.0.0\lib (which is preference-schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
)

-      now opened the connection using jxplorer, imported the data from existing ldif file
(which consists data uses above created schema).

-      Now data loaded very fine without any proble.

- now tried to dump the data using command,

               java -jar apacheds-tools.jar dump -i "C:\apacheds-1.0.0" -p onrelay –f dump.ldif

                        which gives the below error.

-          please suggest me if any classpath setting or any other error I made

Thanks again for your time and help

Best Regards,

Seshu Kumar.

From

"Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>

Subject

Re: problem with new schema and dump afterwards in APACHEDS

Date

Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:32:58 GMT

Hi,

obviously, the PreferenceSchema.jar is not found by the JVM. Have you put it
into the <server>/lib directory ?

As stated in the wiki :
"First of all you want to add your jar to the ${installHome}/lib directory.
This will automatically pick up your jar and add it to the classpath when
the server starts."

If this is the case, then we have a pb.

Can you give us some feedback ?

Thanks !