directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS partition implementation based on Relational Model
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:45:11 GMT
Hi Ersin,

Alex and I talked about doing this.

I need to finish the first version of the the design
document.

OpenLDAP supports relational backends.

They also have this command:

ldbmcat  - LDBM to LDIF database format conversion
utility

I think that performs relational to LDIF conversion.

Personally I need to be able to go between an LDAP
format, XML Schema format, and a relational format.

I'm planning on going with need a 4th representation
of
those  3, which will be Eclipse EMF Ecore (A subset of
OMG's meta object facility).

That way ecore is the common denominator.

So the initial thinking is that ldap attributes will
be mapped to attributes on an Ecore based model object
(Just a pojo really supported by the Eclipse EMF API).

The same Ecore model is used to generate the Hibernate
mapping (Preferably using annotations).

Then it's done.  Hibernate takes care of the rest.

I still need to put this in complete context, adding
in Alex's thoughts on virtual directories, etc.

That's a little off though...after the rpm mojo gets
done.

Cheers,
- Ole

(http://voice.yahoo.com)