directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fetching Artifacts From the Repository
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 23:32:12 GMT

Alex:
Hmmm why resources? The server-installers module is
not intended to
build a jar that has resources in it.

Ole:
The JPackage plugin wants to fetch the

rpm-apacheds-tools.sh

file from the Maven repository.

It's not there because it's not in a standard maven
directory, so maven does not know to package and
install it as part of the created jar artifact during
the build.

What I'll do is create a temporary installer-resources
project with the needed files in the resources
directory.

Then both installers are happy, but now we have two
copies floating around, which is less than ideal for
maintainence purposes, so later a common source for
both installer plugins should be created.

So that's the plan, unless making the change to the
current installer plugin takes two seconds, then I
won't have to mess with the alternative resources
project.

Cheers,
- Ole