directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: OSGi Initiative Status (was: Re: [IMPORTANT] Status of Apache Directory)
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 03:01:27 GMT
On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 17:53 -0500, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Ok what are we moving into felix common?
Four third party wrapping projects:
antlr-osgi
commons-collections-osgi
commons-lang-osgi
server-logger-osgi
  (The first three projects have no java sources, they only have a
pom.xml, while the server-logger-osgi, adds only an OSGi Activator class
for dynamic manipulation of log levels in an OSGi environment.) Few
moving parts.

>  And will not moving our stuff
> over to felix common not make it harder for others to commit on those
> sources?
There will be little reason to change these once these build and deploy
a valid bundle to a maven repository. They will then be available to us
as well as others that may not use ADS/Mina. The commons effort at Felix
is only a stopgap effort with the goal to make valid OSGi bundles from
common libraries that now are not valid OSGi bundles.

> Alex can
> > you get with Richard Hall and create a place for the commons, and get me
> > a svn userid/pw with commit access so I can redeploy our common
> > dependencies to there? If necessary (from the felix community
> > standpoint) I can also help with other wrapping efforts besides the few
> > we need.
>
> Rather than get with Richard (a person) we should be asking about how to
> start working the commons thing on the community's dev list.
Right
>  Also if
> you're a main driver for doing things in there you can get commit rights
> which should be the case.
Ditto

> > Mina
> > There will open a window of opportunity for us to add OSGi wrapping
> > subproject project to Mina as soon as Peter Royal creates a Java5
> > optimized Mina 1.0.0 compatible branch. Can you help facilitate the
> > idea? JIRA:  http//issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-27
>
> You already have rights to commit to the directory project which still
> for now includes MINA.
Don't remember seeing an email with username/password for svn. How can I
obtain these?

> I recommend creating a private MINA branch in
> your personal sandbox area and making the appropriate changes there then
> presenting this idea to the MINA dev list.
>
> WDYT?
>
> This should be more proactive and they can see just what you are
> proposing first hand by investigating your branch.
This is what I had in mind as well.

John