I recently upgraded from netty2 to mina, and noticed mina is much more stable which I am very happy about.  However, it seems to be a memory hog which concerns me a little.  I'm trying to push about 75,000 messages, each about 400 characters in length, through a client/server architecture using mina..and the software throws a OutOfMemoryError about half-way through.  The only way I got it to successfully finish was to execute the software with -Xmx1000M!

I'm going to profile the software later this week, but I'm wondering if the results I got with mina are expected, and if there is any way to cut corners and use less memory with mina.  I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on the subject.  Thank you.

Colin Koeck