directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WARN: Attribute does not have normalizer
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:27:37 GMT

> 1.  IMHO, a level of INFO would be better for the 'normalizer' entries
> - would you agree?  My users are equally sensitive to both ERROR and WARN
> log entries.

Yep, this can be changed. Can you fill a JIRA for that, so we won't loose
the request ?

2.  I think the BTreePartition WARNs could be avoided if the code that
> creates the system partition explicitly sets the cache size on the index
> attributes.

Sure. INFO seems much more adequat for defaulting a value.

     I know this as I create a custom partition and it was generating WARN
> messages!  I see from the Spring configuration file that it sets the index
>      attributes.  Is there a way to ensure the system partition sets the
> index attributes when I'm not using Spring?

Hmmm. AFAIR, index are always defaulted for some attributes in system
partition like ObjectClass, but not for any other attribute (I may be wrong,
this has to be doublec checked). If you don't use Spring, but embed ADS?
then you will have to set those index programaticaly. I'm not an expert in
this part of the server, but I'm sure someone else can confirm that.

Emmanuel

Thanks

--
Cordialement,