directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WARN: Attribute does not have normalizer
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:53:10 GMT
Hi !

So far, you haven't done anything wrong. The warnings are just here to warn
about the fact that, as we don't have declared any normalizer for sme
attributes, ADS will just use a kind of Identity normalizer (ie, a
normalizer that don't normalize :). It's always possible to declare some
normalizer into the schema files, but I'm not sure this is necessary to
normalize a photo (!?), for instance.

FYI, normalizer are used to transform an attribute value in a way that allow
comparizons between values. For instance, if an attribute is case
insensitive, then the normalization will transform the value to a lower
cased string, and every further comparizons will be done using lower cased
comparizons.

I think that you just get more logs just because 1.0 is just a little bit
more verbose.

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,