directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Koeck" <cko...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] memory issues
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:26:43 GMT
I recently upgraded from netty2 to mina, and noticed mina is much more
stable which I am very happy about.  However, it seems to be a memory hog
which concerns me a little.  I'm trying to push about 75,000 messages, each
about 400 characters in length, through a client/server architecture using
mina..and the software throws a OutOfMemoryError about half-way through.
The only way I got it to successfully finish was to execute the software
with -Xmx1000M!

I'm going to profile the software later this week, but I'm wondering if the
results I got with mina are expected, and if there is any way to cut corners
and use less memory with mina.  I'd appreciate it if anyone has any input on
the subject.  Thank you.

Colin Koeck