directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA Trunks & ADS
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:27:38 GMT

> Alex Karasulu a écrit :
>
> > Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> >
> >> Using externals or using dependencies are two possibilities. My point
> >> was only to prevent project building breakage.
> >>
> >> Btw, I was just wondering if it would not have been better to simply
> >> deprecate the removed class and method of MINA 1.0 instead of
> >> removing them. What is the "politic" regarding such modifications ?
> >

> > Hmmm what specifically were you referring to?  A class was removed in
> > MINA 1.0?
>
> No, a class and some methods were removed in mina trunks.
>

> > Basically up to 1.0 anything goes.  But after 1.0 there should be a
> > deprecation policy in effect.  I don't know how the MINA folks are
> > working that.
>
> ok, I think we agreed on that. Let's ask MINA's guys :)

Even though we reached to 1.0, we are still in course of redesigning API.
Therefore, please stick to 1.0 branch.  It's feature complete and fits
perfectly to LDAP and other related protocols.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6