directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating a custom schema
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:02:40 GMT
Tony Thompson a écrit :

Hi Tony,

>I am not sure if this is the right place for this question but,

This is the right place !

>can
>someone tell me how to generate a custom schema if I already have an
>OpenLDAP formatted schema file?  Assume that I am not a Maven expert and
>I don't have the time to become one.
>
>I have tried this:
>
>http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/plugin.html
>
>and this:
>
>http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Custom+Schema

I think this is really close to what you should do.

>Usually Maven is complaining that it can't find something so I am not
>sure I have all of the prerequisites in place.

Ahhhh.... Maven.... Ok. Can you post the logs you get? Which version of
ADS are you using ? 1.0 ? May be we can improve the doco to reflect the
latest version (I saw that there are some reference to 1.0-RC4 on the
web site :(

btw, if it's not confidential, could you also post the schema you are
trying to use ?

Emmanuel