directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: ApacheDS RPM packaging (DIRSERVER-749)
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:28:53 GMT
Ole,

If you intend to use jpackage see if you can add the functionality
straight into the daemon rpm here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/plugin

Basically this daemon plugin is a dual purpose plugin.  It makes your
java app into a daemon on UNIX and a Windows Service on windows
platforms using jakarta daemon jsvc and procrun respectively.

The neat thing about this plugin is that it does that and generates
installers for your server application as well as RPM packages.

It's the RPM part we want to replace so it uses jpackage instead of the
rpmbuild executable.  That should be easy to do.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. Bastiaan also had some ideas for improving this plugin.  Perhaps
you guys can work together on improving our packaging/installer
generating plugin.